OAK Communications Committee - Apply Today!
OAK’s mission is to expand the number and quality of opportunities for children, youth and families to connect with the outdoors - in order to do this effectively the alliance needs to have clear and consistent messaging and communications both internally and externally. OAK membership will take ownership and provide direction for OAK’s communications through a dedicated communications committee.
OAK is looking for 10 individuals to serve on this committee
Please help us to identify individuals who would like to join OAK’s Communications Committee. Applicants should have a passion for or experience with communications such as traditional and new media, web design, marketing, etc. Committee members should be from OAK member organizations, including individuals who may or may not have participated previously in OAK activities. As this committee will be task-oriented, it will be limited to 10 individuals to ensure efficient and regular committee engagement. The group will meet by phone or video conference once a month, and will require about 2-6 hours of work per month per person.
The Communications Committee works to create clear consistent messaging around OAK’s structure, goals and initiatives through:
- Developing Key Messaging and Communications Strategy
- Management of OAK’s templates and branding documents
- Creating plans and standard protocols around internal and external messaging efforts
- Engagement with each of OAK’s committees to ensure full understanding and open lines of communications
- Working to standardize and finalize the look and feel of materials, and OAK’s web presence
- Managing implementation of OAK's Communication Strategy
- Identifying specific communications tasks for implementation
The Committee also works to promote the work of each member organization through these efforts.
Examples of Potential Individual Tasks of OAK Communications Committee Members
- Tripling OAK’s Facebook following
- Development of Template Press Releases and Media Advisories
- Website Support (Design, CMS support)
- Following up with OAK Membership on Event and Campaign Promotion
Interested members should complete the OAK Communications Committee Application by July 31. Please feel free to send any questions that you have to the Communications Committee co-leads, Jen Hofman and Eugenie Bostrom.
Eugenie Bostrom and Jen Hofman
OAK Communications Committee Co-Leads