|Join our Moving Planet Team today!
The Sierra Club Maine Chapter invites you to participate in our Moving Planet Day of Action events at the Common Ground Country Fair in Unity on Saturday, September 24, 2011. In case you are not familiar with Moving Planet, it is a global day of action to demand climate change solutions.
Join our team and demonstrate your commitment to changing society's and governments' behavior in the face of climate change. Meet hundreds of other committed citizens at the rally and be there for the aerial photo at 3:50 pm.
Here are the details:
WHO: You, your friends and fellow Sierrans.
WHAT: Join the Rally to demand climate change solutions
WHERE: Common Ground Country Fair, Unity, Maine (map)
WHEN: Wear a green shirt and meet a Sierra Club representative at the North Gate at 3:00 pm to get your sticker and go with the group to the Rally at 3:30 pm.
Other ways to demonstrate your support for climate change action at the Common Ground Fair:
- Volunteer to staff the Sierra Club booth. We need volunteers for all three days of the Fair and the first volunteers to sign up get free passes to the Fair.
- Ride your bike to the Fair (receive $2 off admission).
- Participate in the bike parade at 10:00 am and 2:00 pm, leaving from the Bike Parking Area by the North Gate.
- Attend one of the climate change talks (11:00 am in the AV tent and 12:00 pm in the Litchfield tent).
- Attend Climate Change Teach In, featuring the Maine Chapter's excom member Anne Burt, from 2:00-3:30 pm at the Spotlight Stage to hear discussion about what is behind climate change denial and what needs to be done to address it.
Thank you again for all your support in protecting Maine's environment.
We hope to see you at the Fair!
Sierra Club Maine Chapter
P.S. Share this message with your friends. and social networks.
Check out our new Facebook page.