As if Zuckerberg's Keystone XL ads weren't bad enough, Facebook has joined ALEC.
Tell Facebook: Stop attacking our climate -- quit ALEC now!
Mark Zuckerberg is now in the climate denial business. That's right: Facebook, like Google and Exxon, is now funding ALEC's extremist attacks on our democracy and environment. 
ALEC is a right-wing legislation factory that pushes climate denial in public schools and helped spread the infamous "stand your ground" laws. [2,3] While Facebook has committed to using only clean energy, that won't mean a thing if it helps pass ALEC's anti-clean energy agenda. 
On Tuesday, grassroots activists gathered outside Zuckerberg's headquarters to demand it stop funding these toxic bills. Those of us who couldn't be there need to make sure that Facebook knows: The pressure will only get worse until you stop funding ALEC and its climate denial.
Tell Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg: No more attacks on our environment! Quit ALEC now!
Nearly 100,000 SierraRise supporters told Google to quit ALEC -- and their executives noticed.  It's time to create that same pressure on some of ALEC's other new tech backers, starting with Facebook.
Last year, Zuckerberg supported Keystone XL because he thought it was a good way to fight for immigration reform. It was wrong and unnecessary for him to sellout one worthy cause for another, and now he's making the exact same mistake all over again. Facebook wants ALEC's help passing legislation to stop fraudulent lawsuits, but that doesn't make it okay to fund their attacks on climate science, renewable energy, and voting rights in exchange.
Facebook executives stopped airing their Keystone XL ads after activists like you spoke out. We need to create that same pressure over their membership in ALEC. That began when supporters from Common Cause, Forecast the Facts, and others stood outside Facebook's headquarters on Tuesday -- the next step is up to you.
Using Facebook shouldn't mean supporting climate denial. Tell the tech giant to stop funding ALEC immediately!
In it together,
SierraRise Senior Campaigner
P.S. Five signatures are even more powerful than one -- after you take action, be sure to forward this alert to your friends, family, and colleagues!
1. Lennard, Natasha (2013 August 16). "Yelp, Facebook and Google partner with ALEC." Salon.
2. Horn, Steve (2013 January 1). "Three States Pushing ALEC Bill To Require Teaching Climate Change Denial In Schools." DeSmogBlog.com.
3. Gertz, Matt (2012 March 21). "ALEC Has Pushed The NRA's "Stand Your Ground" Law Across The Nation." Media Matters for America.
4. Mims, Alisha (17 January 2014). "ALEC's Plan to Reshape US Energy Policy." Ring of Fire Radio.
5. Johnson, Brad, Trey Pollard and Nick Surgey (6 December 2013). "Don't Fund Evil: 230,000+ Americans Tell Google to quit ALEC." Sierra Club.
Photo: Wikimedia Commons