WE NEED YOU: A Call for Nominees
By Maggie Pedersen, Nominating Committee Chair
The Sierra Club Rocky Mountain Chapter (RMC) is seeking leaders to run for "At Large" positions on the Executive Committee (the RMC equivalent of a Board of Directors). There are four positions open for the upcoming 2 year term (January 2012 December 2013). We are looking for a diverse pool of Sierra Club members to run for these positions.
The Executive Committee (known as the ExCom) is comprised of 7 'At Large' positions (directly elected by RMC members) and 9 delegates representing the groups throughout the state. This board oversees the operations of the chapter. There are quarterly in-person meetings held at various locations around the state and one-hour monthly phone meetings held during the intervening months.
If you think you may be interested or would like more information, please contact Maggie Pedersen, Nominations Chair, by email or phone at (970)-947-9613.
The Executive Committee has many responsibilities, some of which are listed below:
- evaluating political issues and positions,
- establishing priorities for conservation campaigns,
- making rules and regulations in accordance with bylaws,
- ensuring the financial health of the chapter,
- appointing and removing chapter officers and committee members, and
- assuring that the activities and services provided for the benefit of
the members by the chapter and its groups, and other entities comply and
are consistent with RMC and national bylaws.
As a member of the Executive Committee, some of your responsibilities would include:
- attending quarterly and monthly meetings of the ExCom,
- participateing in online and phone discussions between meetings,
- serving as a member of a Chapter Committee or Task Force,
- helping the chapter to have more effective programs at all levels,
- helping develop skilled volunteers in all our programs,
- helping with chapter fundraising programs, and
- serving as an ambassador for the Sierra Club in your community.
If you would like more information and to participate in making the Sierra Club Rocky Mountain Chapter become the strongest Colorado environmental organization, then please give Maggie Pedersen a call before September 12, 2011.
She would love to talk to you.